The Healthcare Innovation and Technology Show
Wednesday, July 07, 2021 - Thursday, July 08, 2021
08:45 AM - 03:45 PM
Technology systems used daily across hospitals, GP surgeries, care homes, pharmacies and community care facilities do not talk to each other, fail frequently and do not follow modern cyber security practices. As a result, some people are getting suboptimal care, staff are frustrated and money could be saved and released for the front line.
Over the past decade, the pressures on the NHS has grown year upon year, and even more so in light of Covid-19. Indeed, the sheer scale of the challenges around demand and capacity have left many health and social care professionals with unmanageable workloads.
In recognition of these challenges, NHS policy makers are looking to digital technologies to help bridge the gap between the demand for, and supply of NHS services. The Healthcare Innovation and Technology Show (HIT) will explore the transition to preventative and personalised medicine and find innovative ways of managing growing demand from an ageing population and an increased prevalence of chronic diseases, against a backdrop of an unheralded pandemic.
Those attending the HIT show will hear of how these challenges are being addressed across different settings and have the opportunity to both learn from a range of experts whilst discussing and debating what the future holds.
- Sarah Wilkinson, Chief Executive, NHS Digital
- Dr Indra Joshi, Director of AI, NHSX
- Dr Masood Nazir, Director of Digital Primary Care, NHSX
- Patrick Mitchell, Director of Innovation and Transformation, Health Education England
- Dr Adam Steventon, Director of Data Analytics, Health Foundation
- Ross O’Brien, Associate Director of Innovation and Technology, Central and North West London NHS FT
- Dr Minal Bakhai, Deputy Director and Clinical Lead for Digital First Primary Care, NHS England
Agenda Content and Learning Outcomes*
By harnessing the power of technology and creating an environment to enable innovation, we can manage the growing demand for services and create the secure and sustainable future for the NHS and social care system that we all want to see. Across the two days, delegates will learn how to:
- Examine the current challenges facing the healthcare system in realising the policy ambition of a digital first NHS, and some of the solutions to overcome them.
- Identify the key steps to accelerating digital transformation, what the main characteristics for successful digital programmes are, and what digital healthcare of the future may look like.
- Create a robust health IT infrastructure through effective data storage, security and integration and network connectivity.
- Establish robust governance by establishing a framework, including a code of conduct and guidance, clarifying the approach to data ownership, security, patient consent and patient education, so that patients know who is accessing their data, when and why.
- Develop digital leadership and skills in order to get the best out of new technology and improve efficiency, safety and release staff time to care.
- Provide better care and improved health outcomes for people in the UK.
- Transform the NHS to improve patient outcomes and patient experience, and to make the lives of NHS staff easier.
Benefits of Attending
- Meet other like-minded professionals and develop new, beneficial connections
- Through the learning opportunities and sharing of best practice, you will be able to implement improvements in your workplace
- Hear of leading and cutting-edge solutions from reputable providers
- Impact the wider agenda and be part of future planning
- Learn how to make the best use of key products and services that can help transform health and social care
- Maximise the potential of cutting-edge technologies to support preventative, predictive and personalised care
- Be part of organisations that continue to evolve, improve and innovate
The Healthcare Innovation and Technology Show brings together experts and practitioners from NHS Trusts, Foundation Trusts, CCGs, ICS services, national bodies, Government and academia to address the challenges facing the sector in these unprecedented times.
Payment via Invoice
If you would like to be invoiced for this event please select the 'Invoice' ticket option and we will be in touch to arrange payment. Please note, the event is not free if you choose to pay via invoice.
If you are interested in sponsoring this event please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to attend the event and are working within the private sector please get in touch to discuss your options via email@example.com.
Dates and Timings
This is a 2-day event. Day 1: 09:00am – 14:00pm. Day 2: 09:00am – 14:00pm.
*Agenda subject to change.
Select a ticket and proceed to registration details
Institute of Government & Public Policy
Thu, Feb 25, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wed, Mar 17 - Fri, Mar 19, 2021
8:00 am - 2:00 pm